25-26 April 2016 | Southern Methodist University | Dallas, Texas, USA
SMU Geothermal Laboratory to Host Power Plays: Geothermal Energy in Oil and Gas Fields
Dallas, TX, USA — Experts will present topics including oil and gas field geothermal projects, coal plant conversions, the intersection of geothermal energy and desalination, and large scale direct use.
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Geothermal Technologies Office (GTO) will be in attendance with information on our exciting and innovative endeavors.
Tim Reinhardt, GTO’s Systems Analysis and Low-Temperature and Coproduced Resources Program Manager, will present on Progress and Outlook for the Department of Energy’s Geothermal Technologies Program.
Additionally, Technology ManagerJosh Mengers will present on U.S. Department of Energy Geothermal Technologies Office Desalination Projects.
April 25th, 5:30 pm – 8 pm: Poster Session & Evening Reception
April 26th, 8 am – 5:30 pm: Oral Sessions
SMU Campus, Dallas, Texas
For additional details contact Maria Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: http://www.smu.edu/Dedman/Academics/Programs/GeothermalLab/Conference
The SMU Geothermal Lab was established in 1970 by Dr. David Blackwell. We are an active research facility, with a variety of ongoing geothermal resource projects. Our faculty, staff, and students strive to broaden the understanding and use of geothermal energy, from the simplest form – geothermal heat pumps for buildings, to the large-scale deployment of geothermal power plants providing energy for our cities. Our research also explores opportunities to integrate renewable geothermal projects in an oil & gas setting.
Their expertise includes:
- Academic research by faculty, staff, and students;
- Data integration into Geothermal Maps such as the Geothermal Map of North America;
- Research projects, such as the National Geothermal Data System, the Enhanced Geothermal Potential of the Cascades, the Geothermal Synthesis of Dixie Valley, Nevada, the ability to use temperature logs for climate change; and the stability of methane hydrates along continental shelves;
- Well logging with high precision Temperature-Depth measurements
- Sample analysis of Thermal Conductivity measurement for commercial clients;