The FLIR M500
Online — Enabling superyachts, first responders and commercial vessels to visualize long-range targets with exceptional clarity, the new FLIR M500 Multi-Sensor Maritime Camera is our most advanced addition to the award-winning M-Series platform to date.
The multi-sensor thermal maritime camera provides professional captains with enhanced situational awareness to detect targets more than 15 kilometers, navigate tight waterways and avoid collisions, day or night.
The FLIR M500 Multi-Sensor Maritime Camera offers FLIR cooled thermal infrared technology that differs from uncooled cameras by the ability to detect minute temperature variations at a long-range, at higher-speeds and with enhanced sensitivity.
FLIR’s cooled thermal technology coupled with 14X optical zoom lens, gyro-stabilization for steady imagery on rough sea waters.
The high-resolution visible camera provides superior detection of vessels, key landmarks and navigation aids while underway, fulfilling users needs to positively identify targets and ultimately avoid hazardous encounters while underway.
FLIR M500 Key Features
- Thermal Resolution: Cooled MWIR Thermal imager with 640 x 512 resolution and 14x Optical Zoom.
- Video Tracking: Follow objects in the camera’s view.
- Radar integration: Enables the M500 follow specific radar targets.
- HD Color lowlight camera with 30x optical zoom.
- Gyro stabilized to ensure steady viewing in heavy sea conditions.
- High intensity LED spot-beam can highlight targets of interest, while preserving the night vision of on-deck
- Pan & Tilt: 360° pan and +/-90° tilt capability.
- Durability: Rugged, waterproof gimbal enclosure with automatic window heaters for ice management.
The FLIR M500 Multi-Sensor Maritime Camera will be available worldwide through established FLIR dealers beginning in September 2017.
To learn more about the FLIR M500 Multi-Sensor Maritime Camera and our other Maritime products, please visit us at flir.com/maritime.