NEW IEEE Engineering Brief | April 2017
Produced by: Engineering 360 Media Solutions | Sponsored by: AMETEK Land
• A statement of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) or National Laboratory traceability alone is
• Using a quality management system alone is adequate.
• Absolute accuracy is not critical.
• ISO 9000 system requirements are adequate.
• The use of a certified laboratory is not necessary, and an independent calibration laboratory is fine.
Verifiable temperature measurements, for example, are prompting greater numbers of thermometer suppliers to calibrate and certify their products to prove accuracy and provide traceability, and do so within a quality management system.
To read the full engineering brief, you can download it anonymously and at no charge at: https://www.landinst.com/news/new-ieee-engineering-brief-implement-calibration-and-certification-accreditation-for-a-competitive-advantage.
AMETEK Land (Land Instruments International) is the world leader in the design and application of infrared temperature measurement for industry. AMETEK Land is known as both innovators and manufacturers of high quality precision radiation thermometers and thermometer systems; AMETEK Land’s position is unrivalled with over 60 years experience in temperature measurement. Land products are used extensively in applications as diverse as steel, glass, electronics, mineral processing, power generation, utility and aircraft gas turbines, and a wide range of other industries. Ongoing development creates products for new applications and the continuous improvement of an expanding product range.