9 December 2014 | NPL | UK
Teddington, UK?? –?? This meeting on Metrology for air temperature, will include presentations on several subjects related to air temperature, covering measurement techniques, calibration, uncertainty evaluation, and applications of air temperature measurement.
Air temperature measurements are made in all walks of life. They are particularly important in study of climate and weather, in environmental testing, and wherever any thermal environment needs to be precisely measured and controlled.
A number of areas of measurement science depend strongly on air temperature, e.g. dimensional metrology, and generation of humidity.
But making accurate measurements of air temperature is a challenge in itself, due the properties of sensors and of the air medium.
The day will include an exhibition of instrument suppliers, and visits to several NPL laboratories.
If you would like to exhibit at this event, please contact NPL events (below).
(This event is free to attend but registration is essential)
Note: the associated meeting on 10 December (Electrical, physical and thermal measurements) is now fully booked, due to popular demand.
If you would like to have an exhibitor stand for any of the above days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue: NPL, Teddington, UK
Cost: Free, but registration is essential
Registration: Register online
NPL, the National Physical Laboratory, is The UK’s National Measurement Institute. Visit www.npl.co.uk
UKAS is the United Kingdom Accreditation Service. UKAS assesses and accredits:
- Laboratories in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Medical Laboratories in accordance with the requirements of ISO 15189
- Medical Reference Measurement Laboratories in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 (for calibration laboratories) in conjunction with ISO 15195
- Certification bodies in accordance with the requirements of: ISO/IEC 17021, EN 45011/ISO Guide 65 (transitioning to ISO/IEC 17065 by September 2015), ISO/IEC 17024, ISO 14065 and EU Council Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009
- Inspection bodies in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020
- Proficiency Testing Scheme Providers in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17043
- Reference Material Producers in accordance with the requirements of ISO Guide 34
- And more ( see http://www.ukas.com for full details and contacts)