At The 93rd AMS Meeting, Austin, Texas
Helsinki, Finland – Vaisala brings its new sounding system and other leading weather technologies to the 93rd Annual Meeting of the American Meteorological Society (AMS) in Austin, Texas, USA on January 6-10. Under the general theme of “Knowing What the Weather Will Bring“.
Vaisala will showcase the latest developments in its sounding, weather radar, lightning detection and other weather technologies.
Vaisala has a booth in the exhibition (#201), where product demonstrations will be given throughout the event.
Product and system demonstrations include the new level of operational experience provided by the Vaisala DigiCora Sounding System MW41, the S-band level performance of Vaisala’s C-band weather radar, the Vaisala Global Lightning Dataset GLD360 and the wave form classification provided by Vaisala’s total lightning technologies, and the Vaisala Automatic Weather Station AWS430 for extreme applications.
The conference program also includes several Vaisala presentations, including the following five in the Sixth Conference on the Meteorological Applications of Lightning Data:
- Preliminary analysis of the Vaisala TLS200 network deployed during the CHUVA campaign in Brazil – Martin J. Murphy (session 4);
- Performance Characteristic Improvements of the U.S. National Lightning Detection Network – Amitabh Nag (session 4);
- Vaisala Global Lightning Dataset GLD360: Performance, Improvements, and Plans – Ryan Said (session 4);
- Diurnal Variations of NLDN Cloud-to-ground Lightning in the United States – Ronald L. Holle (session 8); and
- Characteristics of Lightning and Radar Reflectivity in Continental and Oceanic Thunderstorms – Antti T. Pessi (session 9).
For more detailed information on demonstrations, presentations, and schedules, please visit the Vaisala booth (#201). Welcome!
Lilli Nyk??nen, Senior Marketing Manager, Weather
Tel. +358 40 186 8629
Vaisala is a global leader in environmental and industrial measurement. Building on 75 years of experience, Vaisala contributes to a better quality of life by providing a comprehensive range of innovative observation and measurement products and services for chosen weather-related and industrial markets. Headquartered in Finland, Vaisala employs approximately 1400 professionals worldwide and is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki stock exchange.