Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation – Leading mobile weather application developer Elecont, LLC. has just released Radar MAX, an interactive high-resolution radar application for iOS and eRadar HD for Android devices. This is the most accurate, highest resolution app that displays weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way.
Radar MAX proprietary mosaics provide radar imagery at the highest resolution on different zoom levels.
The radars cannot determine precipitation type (such as rain or snow). Radar MAX uses special algorithms to delineate between rain and snow. Radar MAX shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
A weather radar is used to locate precipitation, calculate its motion, estimate its type (rain, snow, hail, etc.), and forecast its future position and intensity. Radar MAX shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on zoomable maps around your location in real time.
Precipitation type is indicated by the color. Green color indicates lesser precipitation while the yellow color code indicates intense precipitations. The color code red is indicative of the most intense precipitations. Blue color indicates snow.
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
Radar MAX gives you up-to-date animated radar imagery from the National Weather Service, with coverage for all 50 US states (and Puerto Rico and Guam!)
* High-resolution radar (NEXRAD LEVEL 3, base reflectivity)
* Supports snow and rain
* Adjustable radar image quality for Wi-Fi and cellular connections
* Full, animated radar from the NWS for the entire U.S.
* Canadian cities (near U.S./Canada Border only)
* play, pause animations at any zoom level
* fast forward and rewind using manual scrollbar
* Zoom in and out, drag and scroll
* Displays current position on the map
* Multiple map styles – terrain, satellite or standard
* Supports landscape mode on iPad
* Saves and restores your last position
* Faster even when on 3G or EDGE networks
* Optimized for older phones (iPhone 3G/3GS)
* Snow/Ice/Rain Radar
* NEXRAD L3, N0R, base reflectivity, filtered data
* Delayed 3-7 minutes due to nature of data transmission
* Compatible with iPhone 3G/iPod second gen or higher or any iPad
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Radar MAX is $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available in the U.S. exclusively through the App Store in the Weather category.
Elecont LLC is the leading provider for weather-related applications for iOS, Android and Windows Mobile platforms.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.