The lead selenide (PbSe) and lead sulfide (PbS) detectors are available in single element and multi-element formats and provide industry-leading sensitivity of 1.5E10 Jones across the 1 to 5.5 micron infrared spectrum.
With superior sensitivity, quality and reliability, the MicronSensIR family of infrared detector and emitter technology [download Product Brochure (PDF format)] is ideally suited for a wide range of applications including:
- medical device technology (including standard and portable gas analyzers, or devices for CO2, CO, CH4 and anesthesia measurements);
- environmental?? (including stack, emissions and greenhouse gas monitoring as well as spectroscopy to identify/characterize multiple elements);
- industrial safety (including fire detection, flame monitoring , spark detection, thermal detection and process/quality control on assembly lines);
- underground and tunnel safety (including gas, fire and spark detection);
- rail safety (thermal detection for overheating wheels and breaks);
- automotive and aviation (emission monitoring).
???In the detection and identification of gases in the 1.0 to 5.5 ??m infrared region, lead selenide and lead sulfide detectors provide unparalleled sensitivity versus cost,??? says Kay Fernandez, Product Technology Manager at Lumex.
???In addition to their best-in-class performance statistics, the infrared emitter and detector products are available in off-the-shelf and customizable formats with expert technical support available for system design and product integration.???
The family consists of three distinct lead salt detector technologies and one infrared emitter technology:
MicronSensIR PbSe and PbS high-sensitivity infrared detectors offer a range of features from high performance single-channel and multi-channel designs to configurations that include integrated electronics.?? Customers can choose the attributes that optimize their systems performance and costs.
With superior quality, industry-leading sensitivity for maximum measurement dynamic range, and high reliability for dependable operation the MicronSensIR??? family meet the challenges of the most demanding application requirements.
- MicronSensIR single-channel lead selenide detectors (up to 3.5 x 1010 cm Hz1/2 w-1 peak D*) are available with 2 mm square element size, a choice of ambient or cooled versions and TO-5 or TO-8 packages.?? Lead sulfide detectors (up to 3 x 1011 cm Hz1/2 w-1 peak D*) are available in 1mm to 3 mm square element sizes in industry standard T0-5, TO-37 or TO-8 packages. All packages are hermetically sealed to protect sensitive optical and electronic components, enhancing reliability and long-term durability.?? Pricing ranges from $131 to $710 depending on quantity ordered.
- The MicronSensIR four-color lead selenide sensor provides industry-leading sensitivity in the detection of up to four distinct gases in the 1.0 to 5.5 ??m infrared region. Combining the?? superior sensitivity, high quality and exceptional reliability of the MicronSensIR products, these detectors offer the four channels with unmatched channel isolation and a compact TO-5 footprint. In addition, they provide optical filtering CO, CO2 and CH4 (methane). The fourth channel is typically used as an optical reference (filtered at 3.8 um) to minimize measurement degradation from obstacles in the optical path.???? The four channel configuration offers significant opportunities for cost reduction and design simplification reducing the need for multiple individual detectors and complex optics. System costs and footprints can be reduced up to 60% versus alternative single-detector designs. Pricing ranges from $258 to $353 depending on quantity ordered.
- The MicronSensIR integrated detector assembly incorporates electronics while still providing the exceptional sensitivity of the 2 mm square PbSe detector (2.8 x 1010 cm Hz1/2 w-1 peak D*) across the 1 to 5.5 micron spectrum.???? Ideal for portable instruments, where size, durability and costs are key, this compact detector provides a 10 dB gain amplifier, a cooler and a thermistor all within a hermetically shielded package.?? This configuration helps minimize system noise, optimizing the measurement dynamic range, while reducing the system footprint and costs.???? Pricing ranges from $507 to $671 depending on quantity ordered.
- The MicronSensIR high-speed infrared source combines a high-performance pulsable emitter with corresponding drive electronics.?? Designed to maximize output over 1 Hz to 200 Hz pulse rates, this source-driver combination optimizes system signal to noise performance while minimizing the overall footprint.?? Offering pulse rates 18 times faster than alternative technologies (typically 180 Hz with 50% modulation depth), even very low parts per million gas or material concentration can be accurately measured.???? The drive electronics are enclosed in an industry standard 14 pin-dip IC package. Designed to deliver the optimal waveform for the desired operating frequency, the pulse rate can be easily set between 1Hz and 200 Hz through the variable voltage input connector (pin 13).?? Pricing ranges from $225 to $352 depending on quantity ordered.
All of the infrared detector and emitter technologies are available with standard lead times of 10-12 weeks
Lumex Contact Information
For additional information or engineering assistance:
In the Americas and Europe, contact Lumex???s Sales Department, 290 E. Helen Rd., Palatine, IL?? 60067?? USA.?? Phone:?? 1-800-278-5666.?? FAX:?? 1-847-359-8904.?? E-mail:?? email@example.com Web:?? www.lumex.com.
In Asia, contact Lumex’s Asian Pacific Headquarters at 3F, No. 972, Sec. 4, Chung Hsing Rd., Chu Dung, Hsin Chu County, Taiwan, ROC.?? Phone: +886-3-582-1124.?? FAX:?? +886-3-582-1154.
For over 30 years Lumex has been a global leader in the optoelectronics industry, with the broadest range of high efficiency, high performance LEDs and LCDs in the industry. ??With thousands of standard products and a focus on semi-custom and custom designs, Lumex is a valuable resource for quality and innovation. ??Lumex’s optical range encompasses a wide spectrum including UV, visible and infrared wavelengths. Lumex’s team of Technical Design Specialists are experts in collaboratively developing effective, smart solutions from the most complex design dilemmas.??Lumex has a global footprint with the worldwide headquarters outside Chicago and the Asian headquarters in Taiwan.
With manufacturing capabilities in the United States, China, Taiwan and Thailand, Lumex is able to support over 23 end markets with more than 80,000 customers both directly and through our distribution channel partners. Over the last 30 years, the name Lumex has become synonymous with quality and performance around the world.
About ITW Photonics Group
The ITW Photonics Group was created to bring together and build on the technical expertise of ??individual companies that specialize in photonics technology and span the full spectrum of wavelengths. ??The group consists of:
Lumex – LED and LCD technology
Cal Sensors – IR Detector and Emitter technology
Opto Diode Corp – LED, Silicon Photodiodes and Electro-Optical Assembly technology
The synergy of these three industry front-runners provides an unsurpassed range of photonic capabilities within a broad spectrum of markets, including medical, military and industrial controls. ??The ITW Photonics Group provides integrated solutions that encompass the technology and experience from all three business units, offering design engineers higher performance with greater feature enhancements.