Both products are identical except for measurement range, and both support DATAQ Instruments’ new ChannelStretch™ technology to provide seamless channel expansion to a limit of 128 analog and 112 digital channels by simply connecting more devices to a single PC.
More product features follow, but model DI-4108 is a USB-connected data acquisition system that provides up to 16-bit resolution for each of eight analog input channels.
Each analog channel supports a programmable measurement range of ±200 mV to ±10 V.
Like the DI-4208, sample rate throughput for DI-4108 analog channels is 160 kHz, and the instrument also supports up to seven discrete I/O ports, and a rate and counter input.
Model DI-4108 and ChannelStretch™ Support
ChannelStretch™ is the common thread that binds together not only the DI-4108, but also the DI-4208 and the DI-1120 starter kit.
All three models in any mix support connection to a single PC and data acquired from the group synchronously and seamlessly flows into a single WinDaq application as though acquired from a single device. This approach makes channel expansion a snap for any current or future requirement.
The ability to mix and match models also extends measurement range for any given application to an amazing ±200 mV to ±100 V per channel as a function of the specific models connected.
Further, ChannelStretch™ is not limited to WinDaq software. The feature is fully implemented in the .Net class for Windows programmers and in the instruments’ protocol for other operating systems.
DI-4108 Feature Lineup
Here’s an overview of DI-4108 features:
- Includes a DI-4108 instrument, a 6-foot USB cable, a screwdriver for signal connections, and downloadable WinDaq/Lite software*
- Provided with WinDaq/Lite Software which records up to four channels at any sampling rate (purchase WinDaq/Unlock to record all channels, or to synchronize multiple units)
- Up to 160 kHz analog sample throughput rate
- 16-bit analog-to-digital resolution
- Programmable ranges: ±200, ±500 mV, ±1, ±2, ±5, ±10 V full scale
- Eight armored analog differential inputs*
- Up to 120 V rms without damage
- 50 dB common mode rejection
- Adaptable low-pass filter per channel
- Corner frequency set as a function of sampling rate
- Seven digital ports*
- Programmable per port as input or switch
- Support for rate measurements to 50 kHz
- Support for 16-bit counter
- Supports ChannelStretch™ multi-unit synchronization:*
- Up to sixteen instruments
- Up to 480 kHz throughput
- Up to 128 analog channels and 112 digital ports
- Syncs with itself and models DI-4208 and DI-1120 in any combination
- Software support includes ready-to-run WinDaq/Lite software and documented protocol for software development in all operating systems
- CE Approved
* Note that WinDaq/Unlock is required per device to use ChannelStretch™ and to record more than four total channels when using WinDaq software.
Both the DI-4108 and -4208 begin shipping on or before September 15, 2017, and pre-orders for both products accepted. Model DI-1120, also mentioned in this article, is available from stock. More information for all products can be found on their respective product pages:
DATAQ Instruments, Inc.
241 Springside Drive
Akron, Ohio 44333