By The Numbers
Opinion — The world faces an “Ecological Emergency”, described for years by scientists, but now the din of deniers, or skeptics by any other name, who, for whatever reason(s) choose to nit-pick and argue with the science is causing a fierce debate especially in the USA.
The evidence is abundant, but still there are those who seek to delay working on some effective countermeasures, yet their actions are delaying action on the serious problem that our children and grandchildren will inherit.
Inconceivably, the President of the United States has appointed an openly argumentative climate change denier as head of its Environmental Protection Agency and then gone a major step further by backing the United States out of the Paris Climate Accords with arguments that avoid the elephant in the room.
The average scientists, technical person can access and learn the truth and understand the false arguments that the skeptics use. There are many resources freely available on the Web to help. Here’s a list of a few that we have found:
- Three Ways Climate Deniers Cherry-Pick Facts about Climate Change: https://www.climaterealityproject.org/blog/three-ways-climate-deniers-cherry-pick-facts-about-climate-change
- Seven Answers to Climate Contrarian Nonsense: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/seven-answers-to-climate-contrarian-nonsense/
- 10 Failed Climate Change Denial Arguments: http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/10/28/_10_failed_climate_change_denial_arguments.html
- 13 Dumbest Things Media Said About Climate Change In 2013: https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2014/01/01/13-dumbest-things-media-said-about-climate-chan/197331
- 14 claims deniers make, and how you can refute them: http://www.cleveland.com/weather/blog/index.ssf/2016/10/top_climate_change_denier_rebu_1.html
- 99 One-Liners Rebutting Denier Talking Points: https://thinkprogress.org/99-one-liners-rebutting-denier-talking-points-with-links-to-the-full-climate-science-e6b5dceb01a6
- Global Warming Disinformation Database: https://www.desmogblog.com/global-warming-denier-database