Convenience, Compatibility and Continuous Accuracy
Online — The new Vaisala HUMICAP® Humidity and Temperature Probes HMP4, HMP5, HMP7, HMP8 and the Vaisala Temperature probe TMP1 are part of Vaisala’s Indigo product family and will complement previously announced Indigo family members GMP250 series and the HPP272.
The probes share several common key features.
The most dominant feature is their interchangeability, which minimizes the downtime associated with maintenance. This together with the probes’ superior accuracy and stability brings high value to customers’ businesses, as they reduce costs and resource needs.
The probes interchangeable nature makes calibration and replacing them also convenient.
The newly launched probes share also functionalities like chemical purge and sensor heating. The HMP7 features also warmed probe technology, which enables accurate measurements also in highly condensing environments.
All the HMP probes are equipped with the new Vaisala HUMICAP® R2 composite sensor. It gives unparalleled corrosion resistance to the sensor particularly in acidic environments. All of the released probes are also resistant to dust and most chemicals, and their smooth surface is easy to clean.
The new Indigo family members are compatible with the free Vaisala Insight PC software, which allows convenient setup, diagnostics and field calibration. The probes can also be used without Indigo host device through Modbus protocol.
From High Pressure to High Humidity
The new HMP probes and the TMP probe are designed for applications, which involve pressure, temperature, constant high humidity or rapid changes in humidity. Those applications include drying and test chambers, combustion air and other humidifiers and meteorological measurements where measurement performance and chemical tolerance are essential.
In order to meet the demands of various applications, the new series includes several options:
- Vaisala HUMICAP® Humidity and Temperature Probe HMP4 is designed for high-pressure installations up to 100 bars, such as compressed air systems in maritime, breathing air, and industrial applications.
- Vaisala HUMICAP® Humidity and Temperature Probe HMP5 is designed for high-temperatureapplications such as baking ovens, pasta dryers and industrial drying kilns.
- Vaisala HUMICAP® Humidity and Temperature Probe HMP7 is for high-humidity applications where probe heating is required, such as drying and test chambers, combustion air and other humidifiers and meteorological measurements.
- Vaisala HUMICAP® Humidity and Temperature Probe HMP8 is aimed at for pressurized installations up to 40 bars, for pressurized applications in compressed air systems, refrigerant dryers, environmental chambers and other pressurized industrial applications where easy insertion and removal of the probe and adjustable installation depth into the pipeline are needed.
- Vaisala Temperature Probe TMP1 with immersion proof probe is designed for demanding temperature measurements in industrial applications such as pharmaceutical industry and calibration laboratories, where accuracy and robustness are essential.
- The first shipments of the probes are scheduled to start in December.
Vaisala Indigo Family
Vaisala Indigo family includes intelligent, interchangeable measurement probes, optional host devices and Vaisala Insight PC Software. The probes enclose acknowledged sensor technologies, such as Vaisala HUMICAP®, CARBOCAP® and PEROXCAP®, which Vaisala continuously develops to guarantee leading performance in the most modern processes.
Vaisala Indigo family is the premium choice for measuring parameters in facilities, industrial processes or equipment. These can be for example humidity, temperature, carbon dioxide and vaporized hydrogen peroxide. ‘The first Indigo compatible products were launched earlier this year.
For more information, please see: www.vaisala.com/indigo
Webinar: Smart Measurements for Smart Industries – Humidity Measurement in Industrial Applications
Register to our free “Smart Measurements for Smart Industries – Humidity Measurement in Industrial Applications” webinar to hear more about measuring humidity in different industrial applications. The webinar is for anyone interested in industrial humidity measurements, applications, or learning how long-term measurement investments can have a significant impact on creating sustainable processes and practices.
The webinar takes place on November 29, at 10-11 AM U.S. Eastern Standard Time (5-6 PM Helsinki, 3-4 PM London). http://www.globalspec.com/events/eventdetails?eventId=1607
Vaisala, Industrial Measurements
Miia Lahti, Communications Manager
+358 50 555 4420
Vaisala is a global leader in environmental and industrial measurement. Building on over 80 years of experience, Vaisala contributes to a better quality of life by providing a comprehensive range of innovative observation and measurement products and services for chosen weather-related and industrial markets. Headquartered in Finland, Vaisala employs approximately 1,600 professionals worldwide and is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange.