To reach USD 6.13 billion by 2020, says Grand View Research
Online — Increasing global demand for smarter consumer electronics and automobiles is expected to favor market growth over the forecast period.
Temperature sensors are increasingly used in smartphones and other consumer electronics to monitor their temperature and enhance performance.
Basic temperature sensors include
- resistive temperature devices (RTD),
- liquid expansion devices,
- silicon diodes,
- infrared sensors etc.
Additionally, fusion of communication, computing and sensing is expected to drive the MEMS market, which is expected to benefit global temperature sensor demand.
Technological advancements and device miniaturization also drive market growth. Need for ensuring safety and favorable regulatory scenario is expected to fuel market growth over the forecast period.
However, intense competition and significant price cuts may restrain the temperature sensors market over the forecast period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/temperature-sensors-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
• Consumer electronics and environmental applications are expected to grow at a considerable rate over the forecast period. Temperature sensors are increasingly used standalone or integrated with diverse equipment. This technology is spurred by factors such as low cost and power and wireless connectivity. Introduction of new raw materials such as polymers is expected to lower the weight, size and cost of electronic devices.
• Sensors are used in wide range of applications such as consumer electronics, automotive, process industries etc. owing to easy equipment integration. Temperature sensors are increasing used in automotive applications such as cylinder head temperatures, coolant, and air intake. Therefore, rise in automobile production is expected to favor market demand. Temperature sensors are also used in HVAC, environmental control, food processing, medical devices and chemical handling applications.
• The Asia Pacific temperature sensors market accounted for over 30% of the global demand and is expected to grow at a considerable rate over the next six years. The regional market is expected to be driven by advancements in sensor technology and demand for high-performance sensors that can be fitted into handheld portable devices. China is expected to be the largest contributor to regional market revenue generation over the next six years.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a United State of America based market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights.
For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/temperature-sensors-market and http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Grand View Research, Inc.
28 2nd Street, Suite 3036
San Francisco, CA 94105
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Research
Office No. 301, 3rd Floor
Magnolia Garden Building
Baner Road, Pune, MH 411045
Phone: +91-20-65201090 (Sales)
Phone: +91-20-65201091 (HR)
For general assistance and inquiries:
Middle East & Africa: