7 – 11 July Bordeaux, France
Bordeaux, France?? –?? Following conferences in Paris (1992), Sorrento (1994), Stuttgart (1996), Lodz (1998), Reims (2000), Dubrovnik (2002), Brussels (2004), Padova (2006), Krakow (2008), Qu??bec City (2010) and Naples (2012), the 12th Quantitative InfraRed Thermography Conference, QIRT 2014, will take place on July 7-11, 2014, at the?? ENSCBP ENGINEERING SCHOOL located in the campus of the Bordeaux University, at 20 min by tram from the historic center of the City.
Bordeaux is listed to the UNESCO world heritage. The city is exemplary, thanks to the unity of its classical and neoclassical architecture.
QIRT 2014 will cover, but will not be limited to, the following topics:
- State of the art and evolution in the field of IR scanners and imaging systems allowing quantitative measurements and related data acquisition and processing.
- Integration of thermographic systems and multispectral analysis. Related problems like: calibration and characterization of IR cameras, emissivity determination, absorption in media, spurious radiations, 3D measurements, certification and standardization.
- Thermal effects induced e.g. by electromagnetic fields, elastic waves or mechanical stresses.
- Application of IR thermography to radiometry, thermometry and physical parameters identification in all fields such as: industrial processes, material sciences, thermo-fluid dynamics, energetics, non-destructive evaluation, cultural heritage, environment, medicine, biomedical science, food production???
Area Information: Bordeaux Tourist Office: www.bordeaux-tourisme.com
Talence (near the campus and the tram line B)
- Appart’h??tel T??n??o in Bordeaux and Talence (The Talence hotel is the most convenient, avoid the Bordeaux-Begles h??tel).
Bordeaux down-town (near the tram line B)
- Coeur de city h??tel Bordeaux Cl??menceau (convenient and cheap)
- Mama Shelter
- Quality h??tel Sainte Catherine
- H??tel Gambetta
- Appart’h??tel Victoria Garden
Bordeaux (M??riadek area) at 5 minutes walking from the City hall and the cathedral (tram B station : Hotel de ville)
- H??tel Ibis budget (ex Etap h??tel) Bordeaux centre M??riadeck (convenient and cheap)
- H??tel Ibis Bordeaux centre M??riadeck
- H??tel Novotel Bordeaux centre M??riadeck
Other possibilities (more expensive character h??tels downtown) along the tram B line :
- H??tel de S??ze (near place des Quinconces)
- H??tel de Normandie (near place des Quinconces)
- H??tel Mercure Bordeaux centre (Bordeaux M??riadeck area)
- H??tel Mercure Bordeaux Cit?? mondiale centre ville (Chartrons area)
The Quantitative InfraRed Thermography (QIRT) conference is a biannual international forum, since 1992, which brings together specialists from industry and academia, who share an active interest in the latest developments of science, experimental practices and instrumentation, related to IR thermography.
For more details and registration, visit: http://qirt2014.scientific-event.com/index.php?langue=en&onglet=0&acces=&idUser=&emailUser=&PHPSESSID=163a49a82e7b2fffda23275a3e1024b6
For further information:
39 chemin du vieux ch??ne – 38240 Meylan
Tel: +33 825 595 525 (0,15???/min*) – Fax: +33 4 38 38 18 19
Web site: http://www.insight-outside.fr
Organization: Information desk
Contact: Muriel Bor??
Tel: +33 (0)5 56 84 54 02 – Fax: +33 (0)5 56 84 54 36