26 June 26 – 1 July 2016 | Zakopane, Poland
Warsaw, Poland — The Symposium on Temperature and Thermal Measurements in Industry and Science (TEMPMEKO) is one of the most important international scientific event held every three years under the auspices of TC12 IMEKO – International Measurement Confederation.
The XIII Symposium – TEMPMEKO 2016 – will be held in Zakopane, Poland between 26.06 and 1.07. 2016.
Authors are invited to submit before 31 October 2015 an abstract described original work that has not been published elsewhere.
The Symposium aim is the exchange of information and views among the members of international scientific community, professional metrologists, manufacturers of measurement equipment, engineers and students working in the field of the temperature metrology.
The Symposium TEMPMEKO 2016 is organized by the W?.Trzebiatowski Institute of Low Temperature and Structure Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences (INTiBS) – Designated Institute in Poland.
|1 June 2015||Start of registration – Call for papers|
|31 October 2015||Abstracts deadline|
|31 January 2016||Abstracts acceptance|
|1 March 2016||Early fee payment ends|
|30 April 2016||Manuscript due|
|31 May 2016||Program finalization|
Fundamental aspects and standards
• Thermodynamic temperature determinations
• Boltzmann constant determinations
• Temperature scales and interpolation
• The kelvin redefinition and MeP-K
• Fixed points (metal, gas, HTFPs, water TP)
Temperature methods and sensors
• thermoelectric thermometry (noble, base, self-validating, refractory)
• Resistance thermometry (incl. thermistors)
• Radiation thermometry (incl. blackbodies)
• Practical electrical noise thermometry
• Practical acoustic thermometry
• Phosphor thermometry
• Other methods and sensors (incl. liquid-in-glass)
Humidity and moisture
• Humidity and moisture standards
• Hygrometers and moisture sensors
• Moisture in materials, including profile and transport
• Humidity at extremes
Thermophysical Quantities and Standard Reference Materials
• Thermal diffusivity, resistivity, heat capacity, other quantities
• Thermal properties of nano/micro materials
• Heat flux sensors
• Interaction of water with other substances
Traceability and dissemination
• Inter-laboratory comparisons
• Calibration procedures
• Uncertainty estimation
• Instrumentation and facilities
• Software and data processing
Applications of temperature, humidity, moisture and other thermal measurements
• Control and automation
• Dynamic and transient measurements
• Surface temperature measurement
• Gas and flame temperature measurement
• Thermal measurements for energy
• Industrial processing applications
• Medical and biological measurements
• Humidity and moisture applications
• Other applied thermal measurements
Meteorology and climate
• MeteoMet project
• Remote sensing/earth observation
• Assuring measurement traceability and quality.
International Program Committee IPC
|Chairs:||Graham Machin, NPL, United Kingdom|
|Richard Rusby, NPL, United Kingdim|
National Organizing Committe
|Chairs:||Anna Szmyrka-Grzebyk, INTiBS, Poland|
|Co-chairs:||Aleksandra Kowal, INTiBS, Poland|
|Chair:||Davor Zvizdic, HMI, Croatia|
Several national institutions – Ministry of Sciences and High Education, Ministry of Economy, Central Office of Measures, Committee of Metrology and Scientific Apparatus of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Polish Centre for Accreditation and POLSPAR – patronize and support our event.
The National Organizing Committee cooperates with CCT and RMO technical committees of thermometry to promote TEMPMEKO and encourage participation from all over the world.
After the last TEMPMEKO 2013, held on the beautiful “Pearl of the Atlantic” – Madeira, we would like to invite you to the charming village located in the heart of the Polish Tatra Mountains – Zakopane.
VENUE | REGISTRATION | ACCOMMODATIONS | MORE…
We welcome you to Zakopane in Tatra Mountains in Poland. This is a marvelous region with charming views, 2500 m high mountains and long valleys, endemic flora and fauna, regional architecture and folklore, and many restaurants with traditional regional food too.
Belvedere Congress Center
We have negotiated most of the conference facilities with the Belvedere Hotels, but other possibilities are available.
Participants should reserve their accommodation, using the registration form, as soon as possible, and no later than 31 May 2016. After that date, the block of rooms set aside for the conference will be returned to the hotel.
Sponsors can reserve space is an exhibition open space room with more than 150 m2, located inside the Hotel of the conference. The exhibition space includes one table, two chairs, lighting and electric energy supply (230 V).
The exhibition room will support also the poster presentations of the several days as well as the daily coffee-breaks.
The TEMPMEKO 2016 event has four types of sponsorship options available: