Vaisala Forward Scatter FD70 Series
Vaisala Forward Scatter FD70 Series combines forward scatter and optical disdrometer technologies setting a new standard in precipitation identification, quantification, and visibility determination accuracy.
FD70 Series is the seventh generation of Vaisala visibility and present weather sensors. It is designed based on more than 30 years of forward scatter technology development experience.
FD70 Series consists of two product models:
– FD71 for visibility
– FD71P for visibility, present weather, and precipitation
- Reports visibility up to 100 km (62 mi)
- Reports precipitation type, intensity, and accumulation
- Exceptional precipitation detection sensitivity
- Precise type identification even for low-intensity precipitation
- Superior liquid/frozen differentiation
- Optimal forward scatter angle 42°
- Look-down geometry to minimize measurement disturbances
FD70 Series launch was very well received at Meteorological Technology World Expo 2018. New technology innovations enabling e.g. visibility reporting of up to 100 km, high detection sensitivity and precise type identification even for low-intensity precipitation raised a lot of interest during conversations at the Vaisala stand.
For further information on FD70 series, please visit www.vaisala.com/FD70.
Vaisala AUTOSONDE AS41 webinar on December 11
Join our webinar to hear why automate soundings operation and what value Vaisala’s new AUTOSONDE AS41 can bring!
The four most important things about weather prediction are quality, reliability, accuracy and availability. In today’s world better weather prediction has far-reaching socio-economic consequences. High quality atmospheric observations provide the data necessary for accurate forecasting that helps to anticipate and prepare for the impacts that weather can have.